Employment Opportunity – Chief Executive Officer
Wakayos Developments Board of Directors
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is directly responsible for the health and performance of the Little Black Bear Band’s economic development arm, and oversees the operational and resource development of its companies. Internally, the CEO oversees all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission of LBB. Externally, the CEO establishes long-term relationships with business partners and government agencies that enhance the companies’ profitability and market position. This individual is the main point of communication between the Board of Directors and corporate operations.
- Develop and implement both short and long-term strategic plans in accordance with the business goals of Little Black Bear’s Band.
- Keep the Board of Directors informed about business activities, potential threats, opportunities, and recommended actions.
- Monitor business performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Establish internal controls to ensure compliance with human resource legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to company operations.
- In the absence of a CFO, perform audit responsibilities, and ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial matters.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the annual budgets.
- University degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance; MBA, CPA or CMA designation is preferred.
- Experience within a large organization in progressively more responsible positions in First Nation governance would be an asset.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivating an employee base of professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage key relationships with customers, business partners and government agencies.
- Strong knowledge of fiscal management and responsibility, business finance, capital funding, contracts and partnerships.
- Related experience in Economic Development would be considered.
- Starting salary – $75,000 per annum.
- Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Brittany Walker, email@example.com, by May 24, 2023 at 12:00 PM CST. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.